IOG fields a proven team with an exceptional level of technical, commercial and financial expertise and experience
Technical and commercial experience includes international oil and gas experience across all continents, successful North Sea licence bid preparation, project development and delivery on time and on budget, drilling management, frontier exploration and drilling expertise, geological and geophysical expertise and in-depth knowledge of technology and industry techniques.
Financial experience includes structured and project finance, North Sea development financing, oil and gas company, PLC experience, divestments, derivative structuring and trading.
Management & Technical Team
Head of Business Origination
- 15 years' experience in banking and finance, encompassing structured and project finance, energy derivatives structuring and sales and trade execution, mostly focused on the mid-cap E&P sector.
- Former Director & Chairman of MOST Inc. and Director of Ebor Energy Inc.
Chief Operating Officer
- 30 years’ experience in Project Management and Engineering, with the last ten years in Production Operations Management. Including design, engineering, construction and project implementation, commissioning and decommissioning both on and offshore in the upstream Oil and Gas industry with Hess, Petro Canada, Foster Wheeler and others.
- Qualifications in Business Administration (MBA), Mechanical and Production Engineering (HND), Marketing (Dip.M). Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- Background in civil and mechanical engineering.
- Impressive track record of safely implementing numerous successful major projects and optimising production operations for Blue Chip Companies.
- Strategic insight, innovation, creativity and versatility in a variety of senior positions with technical and commercial responsibility where motivation and management of people is paramount.
- James Chance spent five years as an oil and gas banker with Standard Chartered, most recently as a director managing the bank’s relationships with E&P companies and integrated energy companies across corporate finance, advisory, financial markets and transaction banking. He previously held an equivalent role at Standard Bank. Prior to that he was co-director of the MENA Division at EA, a leading risk advisory firm that is now part of IHS, where he consulted to financial and energy clients on commercial risks & opportunities in the region and was a regular commentator on financial news networks. He was previously a speechwriter and advisor to Prince Hassan of Jordan. He holds an MBA from London Business School, a 1st from Oxford and an MA and PhD from London.
- Geologist and petrophysicist with 35 years oil & gas industry experience, 23 of which as a technical manager or director of an operating company
- Extensive track record in leading multi-disciplinary teams, either in Exploration, Development Geoscience or in Exploration New Ventures
- Founder and former CEO of MPX Energy Ltd, turning the company into an established North Sea Operator returning up to 8 times initial investment for shareholders
- Former MD of Serica Energy (UK) Ltd and founder technical manager of ATP Oil and Gas (UK) Ltd
- 10 years in variety of senior technical roles with Arco (now part of BP), primarily focused on the UK North Sea
- Treasurer of the PESGB and PETEX over 2002-04 and currently Chairman of the Audit Committee of The Geological Society
- Graduated from Imperial College with a M.Sc. (Distinction) in Petroleum Geology and a B.Sc. in Geology from Exeter University
Southern North Sea Project Manager
- Previously Project Manager on the Clipper South Development
Chief Petroleum Engineer
- 28+ years worldwide experience, currently with DNO International on heavy oil developments.
- 10 years with Norsk Hydro before starting independent consultancy.
- Founding director of MOST Inc.
- Former Chairman of the Society of Petroleum Engineers, Oslo.
- Active in M&A, company restructuring, asset valuations, reserves auditing, on and offshore field operations and field development studies.
- Experience in many FSU countries and also in South America, North Africa, the Middle East and Europe.
Drilling and Operations
- 40 years worldwide oil industry experience in both the operator and service sectors.
- Drilling & operational experience with Shell in Holland, Qatar and Brunei.
- BNOC/Britoil/BP Wells team leader for major North Sea projects and Colombia
- Served as VP for two leading oil service companies in the US and a non-Executive for Varel International
- Joined Cairn Energy 2009 as a consultant in a senior drilling management role as part of high profile frontier exploration programme offshore Greenland. Thereafter involved in Cairn's broadening exploration programme with emphasis on the North Atlantic region.