IOG fields a proven team with an exceptional level of technical and financial expertise and experience
Technical experience includes international oil and gas experience across all continents, successful North Sea licence bid preparation, project development and delivery on time and on budget, drilling management, frontier exploration and drilling expertise, geological and geophysical expertise and in-depth knowledge of technology and industry techniques.
Financial experience includes structured and project finance, North Sea development financing, oil and gas company, PLC experience, divestments, derivative structuring and trading.
Interim Executive Chairman and CEO
- Entrepreneur, founder and MD of CH4 Energy Ltd a private equity backed Oil and Gas Company which became a North Sea operator. CH4 was formed with £1 million funding from management and 3i in 2002 and sold to Venture Production plc in 2006 for £154.4 million, providing 3i a with a record 7.3 multiple return on its investment.
- Over 30 years’ experience in the oil & gas industry, in executive management, commercial management, and Petroleum Engineering.
- Prior to founding CH4 Energy served 10 years with Hess, 6 years with BP and 5 years with Schlumberger in South East Asia and the North Sea.
- MSc in Petroleum Engineering, Imperial College.
- Non-executive Chairman of Warrego Energy Limited a company with onshore gas assets in Western Australia.
- 35 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry most recently with Fairfield Energy and Sound Energy
- Led the early development of Clipper South, a successful SNS producing gas field which is analogous to IOG’s Vulcan satellites development
Senior Independent Non-Executive Director
- Currently a managing director in the corporate finance business of the Edmond de Rothschild Group in London, and a director of Edmond de Rothschild Securities (UK) Limited.
- Between 1999 and 2014 Andrew ran the corporate finance team at Edmond de Rothschild Securities, specialising in public and private company M&A transactions and capital raising. Prior to this, Andrew held senior positions at both Schroders and ING Barings between 1976 and 1999.
- Also currently senior independent director at Aminex plc, the London Stock Exchange listed East African focused exploration and production company, and sits on Aminex’s audit and remuneration committees.
- Martin has over 40 years' experience in the Financial Services Industry. Martin initially worked for a top 20 life office for 25 years, the last 9 years as Chief Investment Officer being involved in all forms of investment, taxation and new product development within the company.
- Following a takeover he left to move to the broking side of the investment community working for Swiss Bank, Citicorp and Smith New Court. Martin then spent 12 years with Charterhouse Securities who were voted number one in the small cap market and the spent 6 years with Seymour Pierce, at the time the largest Aim Broker in London.
- Martin has vast experience and has overseen in excess of 200 institutional fund raisings including new listings, placings and rights issues. He currently holds the following Non-Executive Director positions: Surrey Save Credit Union, London Oil & Gas, Modular Airspace Systems, London Group PLC and Independent Oil and Gas.
The Right Honourable Charles Hendry
- Appointed Non-Executive Director as a nominee of the Company’s major stakeholder, London Oil & Gas Limited, a major investor in IOG
- Minister of State for Energy between May 2010 and September 2012